Your voice and the voice of your classmates matters. We want to hear your voice, and the Centurion Student Council is one of the best avenues to express it. If you are interested in representing your fellow Centurions to the school, fill out this form, and Ms. Kyle will contact you.
Hello Centurions! We would like you to know about a partnership program between our school board and Staples Belleville. Please click here to read a letter from our principal, Dayna Scaletta, explaining the program with all the information you need to get a reduced price on your own device.
Staggered Start to School Year
- There is a staggered start to school this year (Sept. 3rd- Gr. 9’s only, Sept. 4th- Gr. 9 &10’s, Sept. 8th Gr. 9-12.)
Visitors to the School
- Visitors to the school will be by appointment only approved by administration.
Appointments during the day
- Students needing to leave for appointments will need to meet the parent/guardian at the front doors. Please call the main office to make arrangements to sign the student out. School number 613-473-4251
Student Fees/ Lockers
- There will be no student fees at this time with the exception of a $5 printing fee.
- There will be no assignment of lockers at this time. Students need to bring all items for the day in a backpack and carry them to the classroom.
- Students should stay home from school if they are sick and a parent/guardian must notify the school.
- If a student becomes ill during the school day, they must be picked up immediately. An ill student will not be allowed to ride the bus home.
- Students will be assigned seats on a school bus and must wear a mask at all times.
- When students arrive at school on the bus, they will be permitted entry to the school and are to report to their period 1 class or designated area.
- Students being driven to school, or those walking, should not arrive before 8:00 am
- All students will be required to leave school property at 2:45pm.
Timetable and Exams/FCA
- Students timetables will consist of one class a day for 5 weeks and then they will change to the next class. There will be AM/PM bathroom breaks built into the day.
- There will be a final exam/culminating activity for each course at the end of the 5 weeks.
- Students can sign up for a guidance appointment regarding course changes using the following link: https://forms.gle/Xc714FqWLEWcwZdx7
Lunch and Cafeteria
- Lunch is now 45 minutes in length. Students should bring a bagged lunch to school and plenty of fluids. There will be no access to microwaves or vending machines.
- Food For Learning will be running on a grab and go basis ( fruit cups, cheese strings, granola bars etc.).
- The cafeteria will be open to purchase food for lunch and there will be a schedule for students to access the servery in order to minimize the number of contacts
- Students are to remain in their period 1 class for lunch hour.
- Please return any school chromebooks/ technology by September 11th.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own devices to school for daily use.
Click on the image or link directly to the Return to School Plan for HPEDSB. Please be aware that the plan is subject to change at any time based on guidance from the Ministry of Education, provincial and/or local public health officials.
Click here for the 2020 Graduation Video, courtesy of our very own Mr. Kirk!
Remember, Grads, you can pick up your report card, official transcript, and grad gift at CHSS on June 25th between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Report cards will be available for students and parents to access online at the end of the school day on June 26, 2020.
Instructions on how to access report cards
1. Click on the connectEd for Students image
2. Login with your student username and login. This username and password sequence is the same one that the student uses when at school to access the school WIFI network or when using a school computer/laptop. The username will look something like this: AB123CD If you are unsure of the password, try using the child’s birthdate in the format yyyymmdd (e.g. 20061225)
If the password does not work, please contact your classroom teacher or school principal and they can easily reset the password for you.
3. Once logged in, click on the Personal menu option on the top menu bar and slide down to the Multimedia option. Then, click on the link to the provincial report card PDF
If you have more than one student in the school, you will need to log in to each individual account to access each report card.